- ams OSRAM presents its strategy to become the leader in optical solutions and key drivers to create sustained long-term value, confirming its targeted financial objectives after one year of operational control of OSRAM
- Insights into the business to demonstrate the group’s strong technology portfolio contributing to important megatrends, offering a robust outlook across diverse revenue growth vectors
- Targeted financial model, geared to the combined business, with underlying value drivers to underpin its strategic goals
- Adds mid-term financial targets for the fully re-aligned portfolio of EUR 4.9 billion +/- EUR 300 million revenues and 15% or better adjusted EBIT margin in 2024 and additional investment in significant new 8” LED front-end capacity to support advanced LED technologies and microLED of up to approx. EUR 800 million; announces target to be Carbon Neutral by 2030
Premstätten, Austria and Munich, Germany (5 April 2022) — ams OSRAM (SIX: AMS), a global leader in optical solutions, today provides investors with an update on its strategy, business outlook and path to become the leader in optical solutions at its Capital Markets Day (“CMD”). The CMD will showcase the opportunities for ams OSRAM which has been on a successful integration path since ams OSRAM gained operational control of OSRAM in March 2021.
“We are very excited to walk investors and stakeholders through our achievements so far and share our enthusiasm for the group’s future at today’s CMD,” said Alexander Everke, CEO of ams OSRAM. “We strongly believe we have a compelling strategy, anchored by major technologies, that will drive the demand for optical solutions in markets in which we are active and holding leading positions. We command a unique, winning and focused optical solutions portfolio offering innovative solutions to our customers. This is underpinned by the diversity of our revenue growth vectors in our Semiconductors business, across the Automotive, Consumer, Industrial and Medical end markets. The confluence of these factors will create the foundations of sustainable and responsible success.”
The CMD will be presented by the entire Management Board of ams OSRAM, together with key senior members of the broader management team. The CMD will provide investors and other stakeholders with a detailed understanding of how the journey of ams OSRAM is evolving, the outlook for the enlarged business and the key drivers thereof. In particular, the CMD will focus on the following:
- Presenting how the group’s business and integration have evolved since March 2021;
- Confirming the group’s targeted financial model, providing more underpinning regarding the key drivers of the long-term target model of double-digit average annual revenue growth and 20+% adjusted EBIT margin
- Introducing 2024 mid-term targets of EUR 4.9 billion +/- EUR 300 million revenues and adjusted EBIT margin of 15% or better, on the basis of the re-aligned portfolio;
- Detailing the key drivers, across growth vectors, in the group’s portfolio serving the major market trends of Digitization, Smart Living, and Energy Efficiency & Sustainability;
- Showcasing the group’s strong technology position in key growth applications including advanced dynamic automotive lighting, microLED display technology, optical solutions for AR/VR, automotive sensing, and horticulture LED lighting, among others;
- Presenting the group’s future industrial footprint: Next to a range of footprint consolidation steps, ams OSRAM will build a new 8” LED front-end facility alongside its existing LED fab in Kulim, Malaysia, adding significant capacity to support expected growth in advanced LED technologies and MicroLED. The new facility investment is expected to amount to up to approx. EUR 800 million over the next 18-24 months.
ams OSRAM has already made significant progress since March 2021 with a range of key milestones achieved, demonstrating the commitment to become the leader in optical solutions. The combined ams OSRAM is driven by its employees’ collective vision to achieve its strategy in a global one team approach. This has already translated into a solid financial performance despite end market and supply chain headwinds over the last 12 months. At the same time, ams OSRAM is progressing well in divesting non-core businesses through the sale of the majority of the former OSRAM Digital business, which is expected to be completed by year-end 2022, and the completed unwinding of the former OSRAM-Continental joint venture. As part of the definition of the group’s ESG strategy, ams OSRAM today publishes first key targets: to be Carbon Neutral by 2030 and to have 25% of leadership positions held by women in 2026.
The CMD will demonstrate that the combined ams OSRAM group is able to deliver in excess of a standalone situation, also by strengthening the realisation and execution of key growth opportunities. This joint platform is further reinforced by the enhanced synergy and savings potential where initial estimates have been increased. The combination of these factors, alongside other key topics discussed in the CMD, will enable ams OSRAM to create an optical solutions champion with a focus on significant long-term value generation.
The link to access the CMD livestream will be available at https://ams-osram.com/cmd. The event will start at 1pm CEST and end around 5pm CEST.
According to TrendForce’s latest report “Gold+ Member: Global LED Industry Data Base and LED Player Movement Quarterly Update”, in the coming years, the demand for Micro/Mini LED will be the focus of capacity expansion among LED chip manufacturers. In addition to Chinese players, suppliers in Taiwan (Epistar), Europe (ams OSRAM) and North America, Japan, and South Korea are demanding production capacity expansion. Such expansion mostly targets at the Micro/Mini LED demand, based on which TrendForce forecasts a year-by-year uptrend in proportions of 6-/8-inch wafer production.
Gold+ Member Report
|LED Industry Demand and Supply Database||Demand Market Forecast:||PDF / Excel|
1Q (March) /
|2022-2026 Demand Market Forecast|
|(Backlight and Flash LED / General Lighting / Architectural Lighting / Automotive- Passenger Car & Box Truck & Scooter / Video Wall / Horticultural Lighting / UV LED / IR LED / Micro LED / Mini LED)|
|Supply Market Analysis:|
|1. LED Chip Market Value (External Sales, Total Sales)|
2. WW New GaN LED and AS/P LED MOCVD Chamber Installation Volume /
WW Accumulated GaN LED and AS/P LED MOCVD Chamber Installation
|3. GaN LED and AS/P LED Wafer Market Demand (By Region / By Wafer Size)|
|4. GaN LED and AS/P LED Market Sufficiency Analysis|
|LED Player Revenue and Capacity||LED Chip Market Analysis:||PDF / Excel|
2Q (June) /
|Top 10 LED Chip Manufacturer Revenue and Wafer Capacity|
|LED Package Market Analysis:|
|LED Package Manufacturer Revenue, LED Revenue, and Capacity|
|Top 10 LED Package Revenues in Backlight and Flash LED, Lighting, Automotive, Video Wall, UV LED|
|LED Industry Price Survey||Price Survey- Sapphire / Chip / LED Package (Backlight, Lighting, Automotive, Video Wall, UV LED, IR LED, VCSEL)||Excel|
1Q (March) /
2Q (June) /
3Q (September) /
|LED Industry Quarterly Update||Major Players Quarterly Update:|
1Q (March) /
2Q (June) /
3Q (September) / 4Q (December)
|EU / U.S- Lumileds, ams OSRAM, CREE LED (Smart Global Holdings)|
|JP- Nichia, Citizen, Stanley, ROHM|
|KR- Samsung, Seoul Semiconductor, Seoul Viosys|
|TW- Ennostar, Epileds, Everlight, LITEON, AOT, Harvatek, PlayNitride|
|CN- San’an, Changelight, HC SemiTek, Aucksun, Focus Lightings, Nationstar, Hongli, Refond, Jufei, MTC, ChangFang Lighting, MLS|
If you would like to know more details , please contact:
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.
For lighting, electrical, signage, and technology solutions that allow you to do more call Sverige Energy today at +4(670) 4122522.