Compared to the PlayStation console, one of the best things about Xbox One is that there are fewer chances of failure. But, being an electronic device, there are always some possibilities of issues. One of the most recurring issues is that the Xbox One would not turn on.
There can be several possible reasons why your Xbox won’t turn on. Being one of the best video game consoles, it provides the ultimate gaming experience. However, in times of such problems, you need to make the proper troubleshooting steps to retain its functionality. Luckily the issue with your Xbox one not turning on is a common topic for which we will try to find the standard fixes.
So, keep reading to know how to turn your Xbox on and the causes why your Xbox isn’t turning on.
Causes Why Xbox One Won’t Turn On?
There are several potential reasons why the Xbox one would not turn on. If this is the first time you’re facing such an issue, the following are some of the causes.
- Power Supply: The power supply of your Xbox one might be the issue. If you find an orange or white light, the Xbox is working correctly. However, if you don’t see these lights, you might need to change or leave the Xbox for at least 20 minutes.
- Power Outlet: The AC cable on the power outlet of the Xbox One might have become damaged. In such a scenario, you should change the outlet cables on the adapter, which might be causing the problem.
- Display: When you find that the Xbox is not able to detect the display, it is an indication of a problem. This indicates that it is something associated with the light present in the front of the console. So, you might need to check the HDMI ports or HDMI cables.
- Power Surge: A power surge is another usual cause for the shutdown of your Xbox temporarily. Every Xbox console consists of an inbuilt power surge protector. In such a scenario, you might require a hard reset of the device to start running it again. Also, in case you use the external protector, the chances are that the console is not protected enough or not getting enough power to function.
- Motherboard: This is again one of the most familiar fails. If there is no other possibility of failure, the console’s motherboard is the problem. The solution is that you have to service the motherboard. There can be a possibility of moisture which can make the console cool and incapable of operating.
- Xbox Live: Even when this is a rare case, Xbox live is one of the issues that are found in occasional concerns. It generally creates a black screen while you turn your Xbox. It requires a power cycle to fix this particular issue.
- Overheating: There are chances that your Xbox One has overheating issues. If you have not paid attention, it is time to look into the Xbox. If you have just started experiencing overheating issues, there might be some damage to the internal component. Generally, overheating damages components that snatch away the functionality of the Xbox one.
These are some causes of not being able to turn on your Xbox. However, if you repeatedly witness the turning-off issue, even after checking all of these causes, you might need professional help.
Reasons Why Your Xbox One Isn’t Turning On:
There can be a lot of potential reasons why the Xbox won’t turn on. However, one of the most ignored reasons that result in Xbox not turning on us is the power supply problem, overheating in the console and the console not getting enough power supply to turn on. Apart from this, there are several other causes which are written above.
Fixes for Xbox Won’t Turn On
While some fixes require professional help, there are many fixes that can be troubleshot easily. Just like the black screen issue with the Xbox console, you can easily troubleshoot it by tweaking its configurations or following the safe mode troubleshooter procedure.
However, here we will find out more details about the possible fixes for the Xbox not turning on.
1. Power-Cycle the Console
The first thing that might be possible for you is to power cycle the console. It is most common process which is used for discharging the remaining power, restoring the power outlet, and getting rid of any kind of random power glitches.
Here are the steps.
- Switch the console off.
- Take out all the cords from the console.
- Wait for 15 seconds, then keep the power button pressed for another 10 seconds. This will quickly drain the rest power present in the console.
- Now you have to keep the console for another 40 minutes to cool it off properly.
- After 40 minutes, you can again plug the cables back by using another outlet.
- It’s time to switch on the console.
It is now time for you to check whether the console is working. Find out if this could fix the problem completely.
2. Button Combination Resets
Every Xbox has combination buttons for resetting your console, system options, and dashboard. So in this method, we will try out the button combination.
- Choose the power cycle console.
- Once the console is off, you have to press and hold the sync, eject, and power buttons at the same time.
- Wait for another 10 seconds, then leave the eject button but keep holding the other two.
- Wait for 15 more seconds, and then release the power and sync buttons.
- It is now time to press and hold the power and sync button for the second time to turn on the Xbox.
- Press the eject button several times.
This is a common technique that forces the Xbox system to pay attention to the new task. Therefore, it can easily break down faulty conditions that you’re facing.
3. Ventilate Your Xbox One
In case you witness your Xbox randomly shut down while you’re playing or it is not turning on, it might be due to overheating issues. Not only will cleaning dust from the internal component be beneficial, but here are some other things you can do.
- You must thoroughly check to make sure that you remove all the objects that can possibly block its vents. If you find any obstruction that disrupts the airflow, it is advisable to move it immediately.
- Give ample space to breathe. To be more simple, it is better that you put the Xbox in an open space rather than in an enclosed area.
- After you’re done playing, it is better to turn off your console. Do not leave it on as it can cause overheating.
- If you’re playing for a long time, it is a good choice to turn it off for half an hour by unplugging all the cables and cooling the device.
- Use a gentle brush and compress air to clean dust from the top and side vents.
4. Clean the Outside Of the Xbox
The next important thing that you must do is dust off your Xbox. For this, you need a microfiber cloth and a soft brush. Following are some of the effective steps that can safely clean the outer side of your Xbox.
- Switch off the console
- Take off the cables
- Choose a soft cleaning brush to dust off the vents and ports.
- You need compressed air to blow off the ports and vents.
- Choose a microfibre cloth for cleaning the console.
It is advisable not to open the Xbox completely and clean the fans. It would require professionals for this job to get done as it can easily break the components. If you want, you can choose professional cleaning to ensure the fan spins faster.
5. Turn Off Instant ON Option
In case your Xbox is turning on but shutting down immediately, you might require checking its power configuration. Following are the steps that you can follow.
- Switch on your console
- Press the Xbox button present on the controller
- Press the Setting option
- Click on General
- Look for Power mode & start-up
- Choose energy saving mode
- Now you will find an option saying “Turn Xbox off after,” where you have to choose Never.
6. Make Sure Everything Is Connected
The last step is to make sure that everything has been connected properly and working. In this step, we will find out everything available on the Xbox.
- Check out the power outlet to make sure that it is properly working. You can do this by plugging in the Xbox in a different outlet.
- Check the Xbox lights: If it is working, it should have the white or orange light turned on. However, if you don’t find any lights blinking, you might need to change it.
- If the controller is not connecting, you can manually press the power button. Sometimes sync errors might result in such issues.
So, if your Xbox is not turning on and you are frustrated as you don’t know what to do, now you have some knowledge about the possible issues. Make sure you follow the troubleshooting steps and check every component that could go wrong. Hopefully, the information in this blog will become helpful in such times and fix the issue.
For lighting, electrical, signage, and technology solutions that allow you to do more call Sverige Energy today at +4(670) 4122522.