When compared with other options out there, a circular saw is highly powerful that can cut both wood as well as metal. But you also need a sharp blade apart from having a powerful saw to use one. Hence, buying the correct circular saw blade based on the following factors is highly important:
- Blade Size: If you are familiar with circular saws, then you must know that all of these have different sizes. Hence, buying the correct blade size is quite important as you can find various options like 8 inch or 12-inch blades where you have to get a compatible one.
- Teeth Count: Different blades have different numbers of teeth due to the difference in their size. While some options might have 60 teeth, others might have just 40 teeth. In comparison to each other, a higher teeth count offers sharper and more precise cuts to the user.
- Arbor Size: You need to check the arbor size before buying a blade for your circular saw to ensure that it is compatible with the saw that you are using. This includes arbor size options like ⅝ inch and ⅞ inch depending on the circular saw model that you have.
You can find some of the best circular saw blades down below in this article. We have even mentioned all of the important features and details so that you can easily differentiate between them. If that’s not enough, then the detailed “Buying Guide” should allow you to buy the best circular saw blade after following this article until the end.
Best Circular Saw Blades
7 Best Circular Saw Blades Reviews
If you are familiar with power tools, then you know about Dewalt because it offers a wide range of power tools, including circular saws as well as blades for it.
The Dewalt DW3196 circular saw blade is present in the 1st position in this article as it is one of the cheapest and most affordable options present in this article. Despite the lower price tag, it offers great performance to the user for a high value for money thanks to its 7 ¼ inch blade size rating.
As for the teeth count, you get a total of 60 teeth that is much higher than even some of the more expensive options out there. Another great thing about this circular saw blade is that, just like its power tools, it offers a 3-year long warranty to the user for peace of mind.
- 7 ¼ inch blade size rating
- 60 teeth circular saw blade
- 3-year long warranty
- Comes at an affordable price tag
- Offers high value for money
- Great performance for given price and size
- Build quality could have been slightly better
Oshlun is a highly popular brand of circular saw blades whose products are highly rated as they are quite durable and reliable due to certain reasons and features offered by it.
Oshlun’s SDS-0842 circular saw blade is present in the 2nd position in this article as it is the most durable and reliable option present in this article. You get a highly durable and reliable TCT in this blade that can easily last long as you also get a lifetime warranty.
Apart from being highly durable and reliable, you also get a decent 42 teeth count with it. While it is not the best, the given blade size of 8 inches is the same as most other options out there. It is a stack dado type blade that is slightly different than other options mentioned in this article due to its design.
- 8-inch blade size rating
- 42 teeth circular saw blade
- Lifetime long warranty
- Most durable and reliable circular saw blade
- Offers an excellent build quality with TCT teeth
- Great performance along with a lifetime warranty
- Teeth count could have been slightly higher for the given price
Most of the circular saw blade options offered by Freud have a high user rating as they are highly powerful and ideal for heavy-duty usage because of the various features that they offer to the user.
This Freud D12100X circular saw blade is present in the 3rd position in this article as it is the best option for heavy-duty usage due to its performance number. As per its model name, you get a massive 12-inch blade size with it that is much higher than most other options out there.
Not only is this blade quite large, but you also get a total of 100 teeth in it. These teeth ensure that you get sharp and precise cuts while working for it. You also get a great build quality with this blade that ensures that it can easily last for a long time. Even though you get a 1-year long warranty with it, it is not enough for a heavy-duty tool.
- 12-inch blade size rating
- 100 teeth circular saw blade
- 1-year long warranty
- Largest blade size makes it ideal for heavy-duty usage
- Offers multiple teeth for sharp and precise cuts
- Comes with a great build quality for longevity
- Comes with just a 1-year long warranty
Mibro can be another great pick if you are looking for circular saw blades as it is quite unique due to the fact that you get multiple accessories and other things with this saw blade.
The Mibro 416381 circular saw blade is one of the only options out there that comes included with multiple accessories. It includes a total of 14 pieces in this circular saw blade kit that can be quite handy for using a circular saw.
You get a blade size of 8 inches with this stacking dado blade set. Another great thing about it is that it offers carbide construction for high reliability in the long run. Unfortunately, it only comes with a 3-year long warranty that can be an issue for some users out there.
- 8-inch blade size rating
- Carbide stacked dado blade set
- 30-day long warranty
- One of the only options to include accessories
- Unique stacking dado blade design
- High strength carbide construction for longevity
- Offers only a 30-day long manufacturer warranty
When compared with other options available out there and the ones mentioned in this article, Renegade is a fairly new brand of circular saw blades that offers decently powerful options for the price.
Renegade’s circular saw blade can be yet another great pick if you are looking for circular saw blades made out of carbide. This one offers a decent blade size of 8 inches for both of the blades included in the pack. These blades have a total of 56 feet that ensure that there is proper accuracy while cutting using this blade.
Just like most other options out there, this circular saw blade offers a 1-year long warranty that is quite decent for the given price. But since Renegade is a smaller brand, the build quality offered by it is not the best and could have been better.
- 8-inch blade size rating
- 56 teeth circular saw blade
- 1-year long warranty
- Includes 2 blades in a pack
- Decent performance numbers with the given size
- Includes 2 blades for high value for money
- Offers decent number of teeth for sharp cuts
- Build quality could have been slightly better
Graff makes a wide range of circular saw blades that generally have a high user rating because these are quite affordable and offer a high value for money.
This Graff circular saw blade is quite different from most other options out there. Unlike other options offering multiple teeth, this one only has 3 teeth. As for its blade size, it is quite small at just 4 ½ and makes an ideal option for compact circular saw blades.
Despite being quite affordable and budget-oriented, you get a great build quality with this blade that offers TCT. Another great thing about this circular saw blade is that it comes with a lifetime warranty, which makes it highly durable and reliable.
- 4 ½ inch blade size rating
- 3 teeth circular saw blade
- Lifetime warranty
- Great affordable option for users on a budget
- Highly durable and reliable model
- Decent cutting performance with TCT construction
- Only offers a total of 3 teeth
Irwin Tools specializes in developing automotive, electrical, framing and drywall, plumbing, and woodworking products. The brand has been at the forefront of the industry in creating superior tools for the professional tradesman.
Irwin Tools’ circular blade saw comes with 24 teeth that are perfect for framing, ripping, and deck jobs. The teeth are made of construction grade carbide that not just makes them sharp but also provides a long blade life. The blade is designed in such a way that the alternate tooth is thinner for faster cutting. Furthermore, the blade is coated with silicon that allows you to easily cut through pressure treated lumber by reducing pitch and resin.
Even if you are a beginner, you can achieve precision cuts using this blade. There is an innovative heat expansion slot that reduces vibration which increases the product life and increases precision. Besides, the plate is hardened to make it run longer and avoid warping. The blade’s unique design provides more support behind each tooth that provides for consistent chip removal.
- 7 1/4 inches blade size rating
- Construction-grade carbide teeth
- Heat expansion slot
- Easy to use
- Highly durable
- Less vibration and high precision
- No information on warranty
Buying Guide For The Best Circular Saw Blade
If you are using your circular saw quite a lot, then its blade can get blunt over time. While you can sharpen it, buying a new one is the best idea. Although there are various things that you have to consider before buying a saw blade. We are here with a detailed buying guide. You can follow this buying guide until the end and learn various factors related to circular saw blades as you can find the following factors:
1. Blade Size
As you would expect, different circular saw blades out there have different sizes for different applications. While bigger blades are made for heavy-duty usage, smaller blades are made for more compact circular saw blades. Some options are 8 inch in diameter while others are 12 inch in diameter. You can choose either of these according to the supported blade size of your saw.
2. Teeth Count
If you are familiar with circular saw blades, then you must know that these have small teeth for cutting easily into wood or metal. Due to this, the number of teeth offered by a given saw blade is quite important to check. This includes options like 60 teeth blades or 40 teeth blades as per the model that you buy. When compared with each other, the higher teeth count of 60 teeth offers higher precision and sharper cuts.
3. Arbor Size
The arbor size is one of the most important things to check before buying a circular saw blade to ensure that it is compatible with your saw. Most of the options out there include an arbor size of ⅝ inch as it is the standard size. Although, some other models might include a ⅞ inch arbor size and it is something that you should keep in your mind before buying a circular saw blade.
4. Durability and Warranty
After using your circular saw blades for a long time for cutting wood and metal, it can get a lot of wear and tear. Due to this, you might even have to change the blades again and again. Although to prevent this issue, you can simply get a durable and reliable blade. The easiest way to ensure that a given circular saw blade is durable is to check its warranty. While most options come with a 1-year long warranty, a few models out there might offer a lifetime warranty for peace of mind.
There are a lot of circular saw blades out there that are made for different saws and applications that can make picking one a bit difficult. Hence, we have mentioned some of the best circular saw blades up above in this article. Not only that, but differentiating between these models should be quite easy as you can find their major features and options. This is alongside the detailed buying guide that will take you through various factors and aspects related to these saw blades. But if you still cannot choose the perfect saw blade, here are our recommendations:
- You can go with the Oshlun circular saw blade if you want a highly durable and reliable option. It offers a great build quality along with a lifetime warranty for its 8-inch blade size, and a total of 42 teeth count for decent cutting performance.
- The Diablo circular saw blade is the best pick in this article for heavy-duty usage. This one offers a large 12-inch blade size that is much higher than other options while offering a high teeth count of 100 teeth. It also offers a decent 1-year long warranty to the user.
- If you are on a budget, then the Dewalt circular saw blade can be a great pick as it is the cheapest option in this article. Even then, you get a large 7 ¼ inch blade size and a total of 60 teeth so that you get sharp cuts with this blade that comes with a 3-year long warranty.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!
For lighting, electrical, signage, and technology solutions that allow you to do more call Sverige Energy today at +4(670) 4122522.