Snapchat is a very popular instant messaging platform that focuses on sharing photos and videos. With filters, lenses, emojis, and other features, Snapchat makes it fun to create Snaps and Stories. Speaking of Snapchat Story, it is the most popular feature on Snapchat. There are other social media apps with similar features but Snapchat Story remains the OG version. If you are an avid Snapchat user and want to know how to make a private story on Snapchat, then this guide is for you.
Here, we will briefly see about the Snapchat Story feature and also different types of Stories. After that, we will take a look at the steps on how to make a private story on Snapchat. Let’s get started.
What is a Private Story on Snapchat?
Since its launch in 2011, Snapchat has been a popular photo and video-sharing platform. The unique feature of Snapchat is the “Snaps” we send to other users have an expiry date. That’s right. When the user views the ‘Snap’, it gets deleted.
Snapchat always adds features to its app to make things interesting. In 2013, Snapchat started a new feature ‘My Story’.
A Snapchat Story is a collection of photos or a video that you captured in the past 24 hours. They appear in the order you “Snaped” them.
Even Snapchat Stories have an expiry time of 24 hours. But the difference between regular snaps and Stories is that people can view your stories as many times as they want, within those 24 hours.
When you post a Story on Snapchat, it is actually a regular story or normal story. all your friends on Snapchat can see this story.
Then, we have public stories. Your friends, followers, and even non-followers can view your public stories.
Finally, we have Private Stories. As the name suggests, a Private Story is visible to people whom you select from the list of your friends. Private Stories are also known as Shared Stories as you can share them with a selected group of people.
Other friends to whom you did not share the Story won’t even know that you created a story.
How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat?
It is clear that when you create a private story, you will have much tighter control over the people/friends who can view this ‘Story’. But the important question is how to make a private story on Snapchat.
It is actually very simple to make a Private Story. Let us see the steps you need to follow to make a Private Story on Snapchat. You can apply this procedure on both iPhone as well as Android Phones.
From Your Profile Page (My Stories)
- Look for the Snapchat app on your smartphone and open it.
- In the top-left corner, you can see your profile photo. Tap on it to open your profile page.
- In the “My Stories” section, tap on the “+ New Story” button to start making a Private Story.
- You will get an option to pick the type of Story. Tap on “New Private Story”.
- Now, provide a name to your Private Story at the top and add all the friends who can see this Story.
- After adding all the people, tap on the “Create Story” option.
- You can see this new Private Story under the “My Stories” section on your profile page.
- Tap on this private story to open the Snap Tab and capture photo or record a video.
- You can add more photos or videos to a Private Story. Tap on the three vertical dots next to Private Story. If you tap on “Add to Story”, you can add more photos or videos.
- If you feel that you missed someone in a Private Story, then you can add them any time you want. Additionally, you can also remove people from the list.
From Snap Tab
Snap Tab is nothing but the camera interface of the Snapchat App. The UI that opens when you try to capture an image or record a video on Snapchat is Snap Tab.
- Open Snapchat App on your smartphone.
- In the Snap Tab, take an image that you want to add to your Story. You can also record a video if you like.
- Next, you can see the “Send To” option in the bottom right of the snap. Tap on it.
- Now, select “+New Story” and then “New Private Story”.
- Select the list of friends that you want to share this story with.
- You can now post Private Story.
- Similar to what we mentioned in the previous method, you can make additional changes to the Story such as adding or removing friends, renaming Private Story, adding Snaps, or even deleting the Private Story.
Snapchat Stories are an interesting feature that allows users to share their Snaps for a 24-hour period. It is a very popular feature on Snapchat.
By default, when you create a Snapchat Story, all the friends on your list can view the Story as many times as they want within those 24 hours.
But what if you want to create stories only for a specific set of people? This is where Private Snapchat Stories come into play. With a Private Story, you can control the list of people who can view this ‘Story’.
In this guide, we saw the basics of Snapchat Stories and their types. After that, we looked at a couple of procedures on how to make a Private Story on Snapchat.
For lighting, electrical, signage, and technology solutions that allow you to do more call Sverige Energy today at +4(670) 4122522.