A reciprocating saw is one of the most versatile tools, and the versatility comes from the variety of saw blades that you can attach to a reciprocating saw. Thereby, you can cut through surfaces of different materials such as metal, wood, drywall, plastic, and much more.
Therefore, you have to choose the blades wisely to make the best use of the reciprocating saw. There are different sets of reciprocating saw blades available in the market from various popular brands. Here are some factors to watch out for while purchasing reciprocating saw blades.
- Blade Material – Reciprocating saw blades can be of different materials. Depending on the materials, the application of the blades can be determined. Carbon steel blades are the most common and they are more flexible but less durable. High-speed steel blades are better than high-carbon steel blades in terms of durability and hardness. Bi-metal blades are a combination of high carbon steel and high-speed
- Number of Pieces – Different brands sell different sets of reciprocating saw blades. You should always opt for the one where the number of pieces is more. The more the pieces with varying thicknesses and lengths, the more versatile their applications will be. You can cut metal, wood, plastic, drywall and others with different dedicated reciprocating saw blades as required.
- Teeth Per Inch(TPI) – You should be aware of the teeth per inch of the blade you need for your type of cutting work. For example, demolition work needs TPI of 6, 10, 14, and 18. Metal and wood cutting work needs TPI of 14, 18, and 24. The greater the thickness of the workpiece, the higher the teeth per inch blade you need.
Apart from these three important factors, there are various other buying parameters you need to check before purchasing a reciprocating saw blade set. That is why we have put together the list of the best reciprocating saw blades available. We have pointed out their features, their strengths, and drawbacks to help you pick the best one for your purpose. You should also go through our thorough “Buying Guide” on reciprocating saw blades and clarify your doubts from our FAQ section.
Best Reciprocating Saw Blades
Best Reciprocating Saw Blades Reviews
DEWALT is one of the renowned brands in the tools and accessories industry. The brand provides optimized products with innovative designs for professionals working in tough jobsites. Naturally, DEWALT Reciprocating Saw Blades are our first choice in this list of the best reciprocating saw blades.
The DeWalt DW4856 reciprocating saw blades feature a tall and thick blade design. This helps in providing consistent cuts while cutting metals. It comes with a bi-metal construction that makes the product durable and flexible. With its patented tooth form, there will be efficient cutting. In fact, it can have a 50% longer lifespan than most other reciprocating saw blades.
The advantage of using the blade is that it comes in a set of six pieces. There is also a collapsible tough case so that there will be easy storage when the blades are not in use. You also get a full-year warranty on the product. Starting from cutting metals and woods to drywall and plastic, these blades are suitable for versatile applications. The item dimensions are 6.5 x 6.5 x 0.09 inches.
- Bi-metal construction reduces blade breakages.
- Patented tooth forms deliver smooth cuts.
- Designed for optimal chip removal and long life.
- Includes a collapsible tough case for easy storage.
- Mixture of six blades for added versatility.
- Durable blade design for tough demolition tasks.
- Tall and thick blades for straight cuts.
- The number of pieces could have been more for more applications.
WORKPRO is a popular brand that has been in the market for over 25 years. The company has been producing professional and innovative tools to work on different projects. WORKPRO Reciprocating Saw Blade Set has 32 different blades for versatile applications.
WORKPRO reciprocating saw blade set has Chrome-Vanadium steel build that makes it suitable for cutting woods of different thicknesses seamlessly. The 32-piece saw blade has bi-material construction that contributes to its longevity. Technically speaking, the blades have a thickness of 0.7 to 8 mm for cutting woods of thickness in the range of 20mm to 175 mm.
The set is compatible with saws of different brands. You can use the blades for cutting different materials such as wood, metal, drywall as well as plastic. The set includes different thin metal cutting blades, wood cutting blades, as well as a wet wood saw blade and pruner. You will also find a blade organizer in the package for easy carrying and storage.
- Cr-V steel construction improves cutting strength.
- Compatible with all types of reciprocating saws.
- Comes with a blade pouch for easy organization.
- Includes cutting blades for wood, metal, plastic and drywall.
- Bi-material construction for strength and sharpness.
- Variety of blades for cutting different materials.
- Different thicknesses of blades for versatile applications.
- Teeth of the blades can get damaged easily.
HORUSDY is an Australian brand popular for outdoor products and power tools. This HORUSDY 34-piece reciprocating saw blade set is the best tool set from the brand for cutting different surfaces smoothly and quickly.
The tool lets you choose from a variety of blades for versatile applications. Just like the first two reciprocating saw blades, even this one has bi-metal construction that increases durability as well as toughness. The high-speed carbon steel build ensures there will be faster cutting of wood.
With this set, you will be getting blades of different sizes that you can use with all reciprocating saws from different brands. To further let you have easy storage and portability, there is also an organizer pouch. The orange reciprocating saw blades are for cutting wood while the black blades are for cutting metal surfaces.
- The 34-piece saw blades make it a complete set.
- High-speed carbon steel for faster wood cutting performance.
- Bi-material metal cutting blades for strength and toughness.
- Comes with an organizer pouch for easy storage and access.
- Universal compatibility with reciprocating saws.
- Colored blades for easy understanding of their applications.
- Ideal for cutting metals, wood, drywall as well as plastics.
- The blades can become dull relatively faster.
BOSCH is a renowned company which is particularly popular for electronic products. But BOSCH has come up with several innovative power tools including reciprocating saw blades. BOSCH’s RAP7PK reciprocating saw blade set is a pack of 7 different blades that are useful for cutting metal and wood.
The product has bi-metal construction for improving versatility and durability. The wood cutting blades have 6-TPI tooth structure for consistently smooth and faster cuts. Coming to metal reciprocating saw blades, they have reinforced teeth with a thin kerf of .035-inch for high-quality performance.
Moreover, reciprocating saw blades with 5/8 variable pitch teeth make the blades suitable for woods with nails. On top of that, there are dedicated demolition saw blades with 10/14 tooth pitch. The assorted blades have different colors for easy identification for versatile applications.
- Set of seven reciprocating saw blades for different applications.
- Reinforced pair-setting teeth ensure faster operation.
- Variable tooth pitch for wood with nails and demolition works.
- Bi-metal construction for high strength and longer durability.
- Various structures of blades for cutting different materials.
- Incredibly strong and durable ensure value for money.
- Stay sharp for long and do not bend while cutting strong objects.
- The number of blades could be higher for more applications.
Freud has been a premium industry leader for over five decades in power tool accessories. It is the only company to use a combination of high-density cobalt and titanium on its products. Freud DS0903CP3 Reciprocating Blade is a premium product that can last longer than any standard reciprocating saw blade.
Freud Carbide Pruning Reciprocating Blade can deliver optimized cutting performance as it is equipped with a carbide-tipped cutting edge. The carbide tooth geometry not only helps in faster cutting but effortless performance. The 9-inch saw blade can fit into any standard reciprocating saw easily.
It features large gullets in between teeth that make sure there is fast removal of chips during the cutting operation. As it comes in a set of three, you will be able to use it on a variety of wood cutting projects. The reciprocating saw blade is highly durable compared to standard pruning blades.
- Comes with a carbide-tipped cutting edge.
- Large plate gullets between teeth for smooth performance.
- Unique Carbide tooth geometry ensures effortless cutting.
- Lasts longer than a standard pruner blade.
- High strength and toughness for different applications.
- Highly durable with carbide material construction.
- Fast chip removal for smooth cuts.
- Lack of options to choose between different sizes of blades.
IRWIN Tools have been in the market for decades and producing professional-grade industrial tools. Irwin Tools Reciprocating Saw Blade set is certainly one of the best-selling products from the brand. There are 11 different pieces of saw blades available for different applications.
IRWIN Tools 4935496 reciprocating saw blade is designed to deliver incredible performance with its superior build. It comes with an electronic beam weld for tough and durable teeth of the blades. Combined with 8% cobalt, the teeth make sure it stays sharp longer even with continuous usage.
Besides, the bi-metal construction ensures faster cutting through different material surfaces. In fact, you can cut through composite materials as well as metal pipes such as carbon steel and stainless steel pipes. These reciprocating saw blades have universal fitting for different brands of reciprocating saws.
- Features electronic beam weld for precision and strength.
- Comes with 8% cobalt material construction for durable sharpness.
- Precision-set teeth for smooth and consistent cuts.
- 11 different blade sizes offer versatile applications.
- Superior construction for strength and durability.
- Strong build allows cutting through metal pipes smoothly.
- Bi-metal construction for faster cutting without bending.
- No storage bag is provided with the set.
EZARC may be a new company offering quality tools but it is surely emerging as a leading brand with its competencies in power tool accessories. EZARC Carbide Reciprocating Saw Blade is the best product from the brand. There are three identical 3TPI saw blades of 12 inches.
The EZARC R1243HM reciprocating saw blade is a highly-rated product that surely enhances productivity in cutting through wooden surfaces. Thanks to its carbide construction, it lasts longer than the standard bi-metal reciprocating saw blades. It is equipped with precision carbide teeth for better impact strength.
The strong carbide teeth easily cut through wooden materials of different thickness and density. Moreover, the saw blades are suitable for regular demolition works as well and they are highly flexible as well as durable. Most importantly, its ½ shank fits perfectly with almost all reciprocating saws of different brands.
- Carbide teeth are precisely welded for consistent cutting.
- Superior carbide technology for cutting through tough surfaces.
- Highly flexible for cutting through all woods and limited demolition.
- Can cut through surfaces where bi-metal blades fail.
- Strong and tough to cut woods of different thicknesses.
- Three carbide teeth per inch for effective cutting.
- Universal compatibility with different reciprocating saws.
- Lacks of different sizes of saw blades for more applications.
Freud is a renowned brand in the tools manufacturing industry, and they sell saw blades under the sub-brand Diablo. Freud’s DS1205F5G Diablo pruning reciprocating saw blade is no exception in terms of superior construction and outstanding performance.
The blade is suitable for cutting as well as pruning. The unique bi-directional tooth structure ensures faster and smooth cutting in both directions. Besides, the precision teeth have easy chip removal in cutting wooden material.
The unique tip of the blades ensures precise cut of wood material surfaces. The construction is strong and highly durable. You will be getting five pieces of 5TPI reciprocating saw blades of 12-inch.
- Comes with deep-seated gullets for chip removal.
- Bi-directional tooth design for both direction usage.
- Precision ground fleam teeth for the fast cutting.
- Has a hardened cutting edge for long lasting.
- Powerful construction for faster and precise cutting.
- Tang style ensures universal compatibility.
- Unique design for woodworking projects.
- Not suitable for cutting woods with sharp nails.
LEILUO is a relatively new but popular brand in the hardware tool manufacturing industry. The company manufactures different types of saw blades to satisfy the needs of the customers. LEILUO Reciprocating Saw Blades is one of the best-rated tools from the brand as it qualifies as a complete set of 36 different blades.
LEILUO Reciprocating Saw Blade set contains 28 wood cutting blades, 7 metal cutting blades and one pruning blade. Besides, the set has universal compatibility with different reciprocating saws and hence, they can have versatile applications. The yellow blades have chrome-vanadium steel construction for faster and efficient cutting operation. These are suitable for wood cutting, branch pruning, and plastic object cutting.
There are also silver Sawzall blades with bi-metal construction so that they can be strong and durable. At the same time, they can be accurate in your cutting operation and you can cut nails and soft metals. The same set also includes a functional cloth bag with compartments that lets you have an easy organization of the reciprocating saw blades.
- Multi-functional blades of different sizes for versatile applications.
- High-quality Cr-V steel construction for maximum accuracy.
- Tough bi-metal construction for faster operation and durability.
- Universal compatibility for fitting most types of reciprocating saws.
- High performance blade with strong construction.
- Suitable for pruning, cutting wood, metal and plastic pipe.
- Packaging bag to organize and carry blades safely.
- The sharpness of the blades could be better for faster cutting.
SEDY Tools is yet another popular Australian brand that has been consistently producing amazing range of power tools and hand tools. This SEDY reciprocating saw blade set has 36 pieces of saw blades for cutting metal and wood surfaces.
The reciprocating saw blades for wood cutting have high-speed carbon steel construction for faster operation as well as durability. The woodworking and wood pruning reciprocating blades let you cut rough wood up to 175 mm as well as prune branches. The blades are wear-resistant and heat-resistance which prolong the lifespan. The multi-functional blades are compatible with reciprocating saws of different brands.
Apart from the red cutting blades, you get black metal saw blades. They have bi-material construction for strength and toughness. They are suitable for cutting metal of thick 0.5-8mm. Moreover, you can cut building materials, plastic as well as drywall. You will also be getting a convenient storage bag for easy portability and storage. Moreover, the brand offers you a full-year warranty on the product.
- Color distinction for wood and metal cutting blades.
- HCS construction for faster cutting and longer lifespan.
- Bi-material construction of metal blades for enhancing strength.
- Storage bag helps in easy organization and instant access.
- Complete set of blades for versatile applications.
- Offers better flexibility with universal compatibility.
- Comes with one-year warranty and money back guarantee.
- The blades can become dull in a short period of time.
Buying Guide for Best Reciprocating Saw Blades
You must have understood by now that the versatility of your reciprocating saw lies in the saw blades you choose to use. There are several technical aspects one has to watch out for in order to purchase a versatile saw blade set. You need to have a certain understanding of the buying parameters so that you can choose the perfect reciprocating saw blade set.
Even though we have already picked the best reciprocating saw blades, you may want to use your own intelligence and decision in picking the perfect reciprocating saw blade. But you should have enough knowledge about the product and understand the parameters to compare the products. That is why we are putting together an extension buying guide for best reciprocating saw blades.
1. Blade Material
Depending on the material of the saw blade, the application of the blades on different materials is determined. There are mainly four materials that are generally used in reciprocating saw blades. The high carbon steel(HCS) is inexpensive but least durable. It makes the blades flexible but the blades can become dull quickly. They are best for soft materials such as woods, soft drywall and plastic.
The high speed steel(HSS) makes blades stronger and more durable than carbon steel. In fact, HSS saw blades have 5 times more lifespan than HCS saw blades. However, there is less flexibility and the chances of breaking while bending are high. You can use such blades for cutting hardwood, metal, and hard surfaces without worrying about dullness and tooth breakage.
The use of bi-metal is quite common in saw blades. It is a combination of HSS and HCS. Sometimes, bi-metal saw blades contain cobalt-steel alloy for resistance to heat, wearing, and breaking. They are suitable for cutting metal sheets, thin pipes and wood. Moreover, the carbide-tipped saw blades are becoming popular and they fall in the category of bi-metal saw blades. Carbide saw blades are extremely strong and hard and they have 20 times more life in comparison to any standard bi-metal saw blade.
2. Number of Pieces
The number of pieces in a set of reciprocating saw blades determines the versatility of their applications. If you want to cut wooden objects only, you can opt for a limited set of reciprocating saw blades that is suitable for wood cutting only. There are different sizes of wood cutting saw blades available so that you can cut wood of different hardness and thickness.
Similarly, there are sets of reciprocating saw blades available where both wood and metal cutting blades along with pruners. Naturally, they will have more pieces in the set. However, if your application is one-sided and fixed, you can opt for a set with a very limited but focused set of reciprocating saw blades. But a complete set is always recommended for cutting metal, wood, plastic, drywall and likewise.
3. Teeth Per Inch(TPI)
The teeth per inch of a saw blade determine its exact application. There are reciprocating saw blades available from 3TPI to 24TPI. The 3TPI saw blades are suitable for cutting soft materials. The saw blades ranging from 6 to 14 are suitable for small demolition work. However, if you want to cut hard wood and metal objects, you will need reciprocating saw blades of TPI 14, 18, and 24. You should always watch out for the TPI of the set and they generally come in a range for versatile applications.
The size of reciprocating can mean a lot of things. It generally means the length of the saw blade. However, some people also mean the width and thickness of the saw blades. Coming to the length of the saw blades, it varies from 3 to 12 inches. Shorter blades are rigid and they are suitable for straight cuts. You can cut metal sheets, pipes, and plunges. The longer blades are flexible and they are suitable for demolition, pruning, and dismantling.
The thickness of reciprocating saw blades varies from 0.035 to 0.06 inch. The thicker the blades, the more heavy-duty the blades can be. Heavy-duty blades are for demolition and while thinner ones are for precise cutting. Similarly, the wider blades are generally more heavy duty while the low width ones are perfect for precise cutting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: There are various types of reciprocating saw blades available depending on their applications. There are wood cutting blades, metal cutting blades, carbide tipped blades, pruning blades as well as demolition blades.
Ans: The sizes of the reciprocating saw blades depend on the length of the blades as well as the number of teeth available. There are reciprocating saw blades available in the length of 3 inch to 12 inch. Based on the number of teeth per inch, there are reciprocating saw blades available from 3TPI to 24 TPI.
Ans: No, depending on the structure of the reciprocating saw blades, the compatibility of the saw blades varies. Most reciprocating saw blades are compatible with reciprocating saws of different brands. However, before purchasing, you should check the compatibility extensively so that the set fits your reciprocating saw.
If you have already bought a reciprocating saw, you have to purchase saw blades that are compatible with your reciprocating saw. We have already stated that you have to be clear about the applications that you want to execute with your reciprocating saw and purchase the set of reciprocating saw blades accordingly. We have listed the best reciprocating saw blades of all types so that you can find the perfect set for your application.
To help you pick the best reciprocating saw blade set, we have also provided a detailed buying guide so that you can compare the reciprocating saw blades before deciding which one to purchase. To make things even easier for you, we are providing you with our top picks and recommendations keeping all factors in mind.
- If you are looking for a complete set of reciprocating saw blades, we have to recommend LEILUO Reciprocating Saw Blades. With this set, you can use your reciprocating saw for cutting woods as well as metals. Besides, you can cut through plastic and drywall as well. There are as many as 36 saw blades available to different sizes as well as teeth per inch. It also comes with a pouch bag to store all the blades safely and access them instantly.
- If you are looking for a set of reciprocating saw blades for straight cuts from a reputed brand, DEWALT Reciprocating Saw Blades is our recommendation. The patented teeth of the saw blades are designed for easy chip removal and the cuts will be straight, smooth, and consistent. You can cut through heavy metal objects as well as hard wood conveniently.
- If you want a set of reciprocating saw blades with longer lifespan, you should definitely opt for the modern carbide-tipped saw blades. We recommend EZARC Carbide Reciprocating Saw Blade which comes in a set of three. They have 3 teeth per inch, and therefore, the cutting can be precise and accurate. You can get through the toughest cutting jobs conveniently. Most importantly, you can use them with reciprocating saws of different brands.
For lighting, electrical, signage, and technology solutions that allow you to do more call Sverige Energy today at +4(670) 4122522.